From Tom Rusk
Answer frequently, once in a while, or never to the following:
1. You have trouble getting out of bed in the morning?
2. You want to sleep all the time.
3. You have been thinking of suicide.
4. Nothing seems interesting.
5. You are no longer attracted to your partner, and you don’t know why.
6. Little things upset you more than they should.
7. You can’t find a job doing what you want to do.
8. You keep getting into fights with friends and breaking off friendships.
9. You can’t make up your mind about important things.
10. You’ve had a series of accidents or minor illnesses.
11. You go on buying sprees, getting things you don’t need.
12. Your allergies are getting worse.
13. You can’t sleep at night.
14. You’re eating (drinking, smoking, fighting, etc.) more than is good for you.
15. You burst into tears without knowing why.
16. You are afraid to be alone.
17. You find it hard to make new friends.
You should strongly consider therapy if you answered “once in a while” for ten or more of the above, or “frequently” for three or more.